Rear view mirror Activity
SUPER QUICK ACTIVITY HERE. JUST A FEW MINUTES AND THEN SOME THINKING!
- Find 5 minutes of fee time. Go get in the drivers seat of a car, any car it doesn’t matter.
- Sit down and calm your mind. Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths.
- Now look out the windshield in front of you. Notice all that you can see. Notice how Big the view is.
- Now glance up to the rear view mirror. Notice how small it is and that what you can see is limited.
- Take another deep breath and brainstorm your Big future in front of you and envision yourself driving to it. Brainstorm the idea of moving forward with only the limited sight of the past, it would be very hard. Looking backwards (and sometimes needing to reverse) is valuable and that rear view mirror is there to keep you safe, but it was never intended to enable you to drive full time with eyes on that backward looking mirror.
rear view mirror most mirrors range 8-12 inches wide and about 3 inches in height
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard:
field of view at least 20 degrees wide
windshield nearly 60 x 32 inches on average
Looking backwards is SMALL
Looking forward is BIG
look back to see what worked.
Then look forward to get where you want to go!
When was the last time you drove to work in reverse??
STOP LOOKING BACK — START LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE!!!